SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS JNTU previous years question papers
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 75
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Evaluate the following integrals:
[u(t + 3) & 2f(t):u(t)]dt
(b) A even function g(t) is described by
15 & 3t
0 f t < 3
3 f t < 7
7 f t < 10
i. What is the val ue of g(t) at time t = 5
ii. What is the val ue of 1st derivative of g(t) at time t = 6. [8+7]
2. (a) Distinguish between Energy and Power signals.
(b) Derive the expression for Energy density spectrum function of a energy signal f(t) from fundamentals and interpret why it is called Energy density spectrum.[5+10]
3. (a) Explain the concept of generalizedFourier series representation of signal f(t).
(b) State the properties ofFourier series. [8+7]
4. (a) Explain the properties of the ROC of Z transforms.
(b) Z transform of a signal x(n) ifX(z) = 1+z&1
Use long division method to determine the val ues of
i. x, x, and x, assuming the ROC to be jzj > 1
ii. x, x[-1], and x[-2] , assuming the ROC to be jzj < 1
3 . [7+8]
5. (a) A signal y(t) given by y(t) = C0 +
CnCos(n!0t + fn). Find the autocorrelation and PSD of y(t).
(b) Explain the Graphical representation of convolution with an example. [8+7]
6. (a) Consider anLTI system with input and output related through the equation.
e(t&f)x(f & 2)dfWhat is the impulse response h(t) for this system.
(b) Determine the response of this system when the input x(t) is as shown
(c) Consider the inter connection ofLTI system depicted in fgure 6c.
Here h(t) is an in part (a). Determine the output y(t) when input x(t) is again given fgure above, using the convolution integral. [5+5+5]
7. (a) Consider the signal x(t) = (sin 50 ft / ft)2 which to be sampled with a sampling frequency of !s = 150 f to obtain a signal g(t) withFourier transform G(j! ). Determine the maximum val ue of !0 for which it is guaranteed that
G(j!) = 75 X(j!) for j!j (b) The signal x(t) = u(t + T0) - u(t - T0) can undergo impulse train sampling without aliasing, provided that the sampling period T< 2T0 . Justify.[7+8]
8. (a) Explain the method of determining the inverse Laplace transforms using Partial fraction method, for the following cases
i. Simple and real roots
ii. Complex roots
iii. Multiple or repeated roots.
(b) Find the Laplace transform of the function
f(t) = A Sin !0t for 0 < t < T/2. [3+3+4+5]
December 17, 2011
Click Here To Register & Submit Your Resume !
Top Jobs in Wipro, CTS, Tech Mahindra. Register & Apply Now
Accenture Admission Notice - 2010 Admission Notification Anna University Anna University Chennai Anna University Question Papers Anna University Trichy Apparel Technology and Management Aptitude Questions Arts and Science Colleges Biomedical Engineering C and CPP Ebooks Calicut University CBSE Question papers Civil Engineering Civil Service Exams Colleges in India Colleges Result Computer Science Engineering Core Jobs CS R2008 CSE CSIR NET EBooks Download ECE EEE EIE Electives Electrical and Electronics Engineering Electronics and communication Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Engineering Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra Engineering Colleges in TamilNadu Engineering Admissions Engineering Colleges Engineering Colleges in Karnataka Engineering Jobs Engineering Syllabus Entrance Exam Dates Entrance Exam Results Entrance Examination Exam Time Table Experiencer First Year Syllabus Freshers Full Time Jobs Government jobs in india Hardware and Networking Jobs Hotel Management and Catering Technology IGNOU Information Technology INTEVIEW QUESTIONS IT Jobs JNTU Question Papers Jobs in Bangalore Jobs in Chennai Jobs in Coimbatore Jobs in Delhi Jobs in Hyderabad Jobs in India Jobs in Kerala Jobs in Noida Jobs in Tamilnadu Jobs in TATA Karnataka Educations Lab Manuals Mechanical Engineering Medical Colleges Placement Papers Plus 2 Preparation for exams Private Jobs in India Question Papers Question Papers Download Results Announcement Semester 1 Semester 2 Semester 3 Semester 4 Semester 5 Semester 6 Semester 7 Semester 8 Syllabus Syllabus Download Tamil Movie TCS Placement Papers Teaching Jobs TECH MAHINDRA Textile Technology Top colleges University Results UPSC VICEVESVARAYA TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY waec Walk-in Interview Web Designers
- ► July ( 35 )
- ► June ( 113 )
- ► May ( 105 )
- ► April ( 79 )
- ► March ( 191 )
- ► February ( 230 )
- ► January ( 277 )
- (EXPERIENCED) Walk-In @ "CAPGEMINI" : Unix Shell S...
- Mumbai – Research Fellow / Junior Technical Assist...
- Federal Bank Starts Managers Recruitment 2012 Jobs...
- Vacancies for Nurse in Government of West Bengal (...
- VLSI DESIGN JNTU previous years question papers
- Wireless Communications and Networks JNTU previous...
- TELEVISION ENGINEERING JNTU previous years questio...
- TELECOMMUNICATION SWITCHING SYSTEMS AND NETWORKS J...
- SWITCHING THEORY AND LOGIC DESIGN JNTU previous ye...
- SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS JNTU previous years question p...
- SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS JNTU previous years quest...
- Radar Systems JNTU previous years question papers
- PULSE AND DIGITAL CIRCUITS JNTU previous years que...
- PROBABILITY THEORY AND STOCHASTIC PROCESS JNTU pre...
- OPTICAL COMMUNICATIONS JNTU previous years questio...
- NETWORK ANALYSIS JNTU previous years question pape...
- MICROWAVE ENGINEERING JNTU previous years question...
- MICROPROCESSORS AND INTERFACING JNTU previous year...
- MATHEMATICS 3 JNTU previous years question papers
- MICRO CONTROLLERS AND APPLICATIONS JNTU previous y...
- MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS AND FINANCIAL ANALYSIS JNTU p...
- MANAGEMENT SCIENCE JNTU previous years question pa...
- LINEAR IC APPLICATIONS JNTU previous years questio...
- EMBEDDED AND REAL TIME SYSTEMS JNTU previous years...
- ELECTRONIC MEASUREMENTS AND INSTRUMENTATION JNTU p...
- ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND CIRCUITS JNTU previous year...
- ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY ECE JNTU previous years que...
- ELECTRONIC CIRCUIT ANALYSIS ECE JNTU previous year...
- CONTROL SYSTEMS ECE JNTU previous years question p...
- COMPUTER NETWORKS ECE JNTU previous years question...
- DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS JNTU previous years qu...
- DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS JNTU previous years questio...
- DIGITAL DESIGN THROUGH VERILOG ECE JNTU previous y...
- DIGITAL IC APPLICATIONS JNTU previous years questi...
- DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING ECE JNTU previous years ...
- BIO-MEDICAL-INSTRUMENTATION JNTU previous years qu...
- C PROGRAMMING AND DATA STRUCTURES ECE JNTU previou...
- CELLULAR AND MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS ECE JNTU previo...
- ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORKS ECE JNTU previous years...
- APPLIED PHYSICS ECE JNTU previous years question p...
- ANTENNAS AND WAVE PROPAGATION JNTU ECE previous ye...
- ANALOG COMMUNICATIONS JNTU ECE previous years ques...
- Kashmir University PG Non Professional I Semester ...
- Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission HPAS Ma...
- Choudhary Charan Singh University Result of Self F...
- Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences Result of MPT...
- Osmania University Result of MA Telugu CDE June 20...
- Rayalaseema University UG I Yr Supple. Degree Exam...
- ▼ Dec 17 ( 48 )
- ► November ( 228 )
- ▼ December ( 397 )
- ► December ( 38 )
- ► November ( 50 )
- ► October ( 58 )
- ► September ( 115 )
- ► August ( 81 )
- ► June ( 157 )
- ► May ( 229 )
- ► April ( 145 )
- ► March ( 455 )
- ► February ( 195 )