Read Here for More Information
B.E DEGREE PROGRAMME
CURRICULUM 2004 B.E. MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
(Offered in Colleges affiliated to Anna University)
CURRICULUM AND SYLLABUS – REGULATIONS – 2004
SEMESTER - VII
(Common to Mechanical, Production, Mechatronics and Aeronautical)
This course will enable the student
• To gain knowledge on how computers are integrated at various levels of planning and manufacturing.
• To understand the flexible manufacturing system and to handle the product data and various software used for manufacturing
The meaning and origin of CIM- the changing manufacturing and management scene - External communication - islands of automation and software-dedicated and open systems-manufacturing automation protocol - product related activities of a company- marketing engineering - production planning - plant operations - physical distribution- business and financial management.
History of group technology- role of G.T. in CAD/CAM integration - part families - classification and coding - DCLASS and MICLASS and OPITZ coding systems-facility design using G.T. -benefits of G.T. - cellular manufacturing.
Process planning - role of process planning in CAD/CAM integration - approaches to computer aided process planning -variant approach and generative approaches - CAPP and CMPP process planning systems.
Shop floor control-phases -factory data collection system -automatic identification methods- Bar code technology-automated data collection system.
FMS-components of FMS - types -FMS workstation -material handling and storage systems- FMS layout -computer control systems-application and benefits.
CIM and company strategy - system modeling tools -IDEF models - activity cycle diagram - CIM open system architecture (CIMOSA)- manufacturing enterprise wheel-CIM architecture - Product data management-CIM implementation software.
Communication fundamentals- local area networks -topology - LAN implementations - network management and installations.
Open systems-open system inter connection - manufacturing automations protocol and technical office protocol (MAP /TOP)
TOTAL : 45
Mikell.P.Groover “Automation, Production Systems and computer integrated manufacturing”, Pearson Education 2001.
1. Yorem koren, “Computer Integrated Manufacturing system”, McGraw-Hill, 1983.
2. Ranky, Paul G., “Computer Integrated Manufacturing”, Prentice Hall International 1986.
3. David D.Bedworth, Mark R.Hendersan, Phillip M.Wolfe “Computer Integrated Design and Manufacturing”, McGraw-Hill Inc.
4. Roger Hanman “Computer Intergrated Manufacturing”, Addison –Wesley, 1997.
Mikell.P.Groover and Emory Zimmers Jr., “CAD/CAM", Prentice hall of India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi-1.1998.
Kant Vajpayee S, “Principles of computer integrated manufacturing”, Prentice Hall India, 2003.
Radhakrishnan P, Subramanyan S.and Raju V., “CAD/CAM/CIM”, 2nd Edition New Age International (P) Ltd, New Delhi. 2000.